Thursday, October 27, 2011

"WORDS"

Words that are slurred through my mind state..trying to escape the negativity, but not my responsibilities..chances are far n few between, lessons learned n bridges burned..backs were turned..one hand, clutching the cliff..realizing i'm losing my grip..you stood there, looked in my eyes n watched me slip..turned slowly n walked away..its just another day, another obstacle to overcome..collapsed lungs, body decimated over the rocks, spirit floats, memories choke most if you could feel my thoughts..what we were taught is not always the truth..in our childhood it felt good, we grew n experienced adulthood..some say if they could go back, they would..but can't, so we advance forward, deal with the good n bad as it may come..what has happened cannot be undone, only learned from..I'm an endangered species like Big Pun, 1 son 3 daughters and a spouse i cannot agree with on the lines we border..Words from any tongue can leave our own selves hung or frozen in our tracks with the snake venom we dispatch..
We don't always think before we speak, that is why i pray on my enemies for they are weak, n i pray for others n myself to say whats in my heart, but never to hurt anyone else..what i write is therapy for self n beneficial to my growth, not only as a man but also as an adult..you can cry for help n half of the time no 1 cares..the world keeps spinning n your just there..Yeah! Yeah! I know life not fair n the actions we take decide our fate as well as the choices we make..but there's a way to do it and a way to say it without losing respect n integrity causing emotional damage just so you can have an advantage..Words can teach, uplift or dismiss n the effect you have on someone somewhere can be rewarding n priceless!!!


"WORDS" By Rashine McKoy

No comments:

Post a Comment