Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"EYE ON THE PRIZE"


Keep ya eye on the prize
pay no attention to the behind the back lies
Never let love die
Let it flourish in your heart, but be smart and guard it
Sometimes situations can make it harden, but I'm like a Hawk over the Sea and
catch everything like Steve Largent
When one door closes, another one opens
These words are potent, not for the faint
Listen to a sinner's restraint in the picture's I paint
Many lessons learned, but the charcoal still burns as the world turns
My visions are given and written in stone
Quietly ignored among the deaf
I've tasted Life and witnessed Death
I've had some failures, but gave my best
Smoked ounces of weed like headaches of aspirins from alleve to relieve the stress
But as the smoke clears the problems remain there
I realized God is the only one that can cure the pain here
Change is only gained through knowledge of self
So when you look in that mirror, be truthful cause you can't lie to yourself
At times I open the bible and read because I needed some help
I try to simplify what I take in and apply instead of giving up and
wanting to die
If I am stripped of my pride and that is a sin
Tell Me! Where do you begin?
I'm every bit of a man that stands on the front line
Connected like that of a woman to birth, the tie that binds
Sinister crimes are a haven for these young lions trapped in a cage
as Sanity goes through the seasons and eventually withers away
A grave or incarceration are what many are facing
Tired of being deprived with no work being adjacent
Homes foreclosed on top of tax inflation
Wearing and taring on people's patience with no Healthcare for us American patients
Inside I fight to stay alive, traveling to a peaceful sanctum in my mental
Where no one can penetrate, Only the Lord has a visual
They wanna keep us down cause they know our existence is pivotal
But, no matter what keep your "EYE ON THE PRIZE" to survive
All of our contributions is critical

"EYE ON THE PRIZE" By Rashine McKoy

No comments:

Post a Comment