Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Late Night"



Up sleepwalking 
Through my mind
Outer body experience
Interference comes
Watching my dreams hung
Sometimes quiet with a slight of tongue
Desperate to find my true calling 
Stuck in quicksand!
Footsteps stalling!
Withdrawn from reality!
Balance is key!, 
But difficult to see through the peephole as the walls begin to close
And father time begins to catch up with you as ya past do
Mistakes! 
Lord knows I've made a few
Always tried to stay true to Who I am
Da subconscious blankets whats real in the game
Throwing shields to escape the PAIN!
Somehow knowing you where destined for more than what you settle for or became
Energy drained!
From trying to sustain

A level of consistency among a human race dat doesn't care about its existence
Da pistons in my engine are worn down from life ills polluting emissions
The world is a long jail sentence if you ain't winning Trapped behind these bars I be spittin'
My Religion!
Suffers because temptation is always persuasive
Every time we step out da door to evade it
DUES!
Thought I PAID IT! 
Guess I'm still paying
On my knees still praying!
At a young age
I was fortunate to be groomed by a loving family da right way
But as an adult somehow I strayed like 2pac now searching for " Better Dayz"..
Losing sight of what's important can change a man's fortune
In da church use to sing n Usher
"Here I Stand" ..
These words I write are my footprints in da sand
So if I happen to take my last breath
You'll feel n understand WHO I AM!
A lot of shit I had wasn't always name brand
But Mom's did da best she could with what she had
She gave birth to me n I LOVE HER 4 DAT!
Mostly odds where STACKED!
Only taught to fear GOD'S WRATH!
Many jobs paid da bills
But this love for writing I always felt was my original craft
Grandma n Grandpa provided me with confidence n strength
I can still remember hours they would sit
In da park 
Supporting me on my field day trips
Til' this day I still mourn you n ya guidance is sorely missed
They were like the fist dat held everything together
Things were never the same after dat bond was severed
A walkin' treasure
This is my unspoken letter
Hopefully my children are the 2nd coming of something better
Future boundaries with no limits to their provisions
But having their own voice among da masses to make a difference

We came all the way from Martin Luther King
"I HAVE A DREAM"
A long ways away from necks around ropes
Or injecting hope instead of dope like Jesse spoke 
2 Obama saying "YES WE CAN"
I only pray we continue to advance under things not brought to da light 
As we continue to fight for what is truly deserving n right
 Past scars awaken me like an Avatar in da Late night

"Late Night" by Ra Shine McKoy

No comments:

Post a Comment