Thursday, October 27, 2011

"THROUGH MY EYES"


Deep into the mountains above the horizen, the sun touches my face
Looking into the sky, beyond the clouds, Only for a minute I smile 
For a moment my heart is at ease Enjoying nature's breeze
The whistling of the trees began 2 talk
My mind is a silent sanctum, only GOD can hear my thoughts
Eye close my eyes and picture better dayz, away from the violence and chaos of today
Tomorrow's another day, and I thank HIM for every breath
Life is a constant journey, I pray eye find my purpose upon my quest
My broken silence can manifest in many ways, experience comes as you age
Many were slayed
Eye can see their bloodstains in my path 
Their actions were undaunted with every task 
I can hear the shot gun blast, hateful slurs behind masks
At the twilight of one's past
We have to understand to know where we are headed
In my brain, the wisdom that my grandparents embedded enabled me to escape the wretched
In you n me, time was invested 
Still there is no justice for some children who get molested
Beaten or raped!
Listen to the cries and see the anguish that's never erased
Their childhood, never replaced
Eye shed tears for those who never escaped and whose bodies were tossed in a lake
Dreams deferred, only fulfilled by the one's who stood stern, and wouldn't compromise their will or their drive
Da Bible can affect many lives
For a year my aunt said, as she read,
"It cut her like a thousand knives"
As to her, it all began 2 apply
The very thing most of us deny
Our past is a shameful disguise when we open our minds and the truth is revealed 
Only then can our spirit be healed!
But you won't feel what i feel unless you've seen it through my eyes



"Through My Eyes" By Ra Shine McKoy

No comments:

Post a Comment