Thursday, October 27, 2011

"BEST FRIEND"

My best friend 
Words cannot express or do you justice for what you meant to me
But eye know you still watch over me
Eye miss da sound of your voice n how you kept me in line
You saw the best in me when eye didn't have da presence of mind
Time after time
Eye think of da moral's n da value's that you instilled in my inner being
Da right path to choose 
Eye couldn't see it
Fearful of my own success Always feeling alone no less..
You provided da confidence 
And courage eye needed
In a world dat eventually left many sadden n depleted
Moment's you wouldn't let me give up when i felt defeated
You gave me a hug, an abundance of love 
And taught me how to pray to God for what i had needed
Your guidance showed me ways to approach adversity
if you have something to say
Speak up n be heard Verbally!
Say it with conviction! 
In any aspect
Listen! to one another's opinion's n at da end you both can find a mutual respect..
Grandma, i learned to live wit a lot of regrets
Life i'm sure as you knew is not short, it's long n hard
I've faced so many obstacle's, even locked behind barz
i can still hear you tellin me to reach for da starz 
And no matter what, never be afraid to be who you are
You gave me da blueprint before Jay-Z was askin, who u wit?
Hours we would sit
Talk about da bible n what was important
Plans involving my future cordinance
My dreams, poetry themes n situations to come
Preparing me for what was out here waitin for me under da sun
Told me to be strong under pressure n if i couldn't found my way, ask da Lord to grant light n show me
Even though i didn't fully understand da lessons at hand
Your spiritual vessel is what kept me standin straight in my stance
Somehow you knew I would need these things as a man
And 
Here it is, there's no escapin da truth or even your past
But you alwayz believed in what i could accomplish, no matter da task..
i know you gave me da tools n jewels to live by
But you were like my personal angel on my shoulder admist da blue sky
It's been years n eye still cry, Cause i felt you were da only 1 who understood me n how pure my heart was inside
Women lie, men lie Everybody does
There's a magnitude of blood, drenched on da earth's surface
God spared me so many times over, please tell me! 
What is my purpose?
Am i wastin' my time spittin' these verses?
Most days I felt ok up in a church service
Really payed attention to da word
Not particully nervous
Some strayed away n returned home cause what we deal wit in dis world can't be handled alone
Grandma i've come to understand your meaning's n teachin's, how our body, soul, n spirit hunger for God's spiritual feeding
It's not about pleasing
But obeying, having faith, n a personal relationship wit Him for what He believes in
What we ask for is already ours
We just have to recieve Him
I'm not perfect, but I keep what you told me close to me
Engraved in my heart totally! Til' da end
Til' eye see you again
My best friend! "
EYE LOVE AND MISS YOU GRANDMA, YOU ARE GONE BUT DEFINITELY NEVER FORGOTTEN"


"BEST FRIEND" By Ra Shine McKoy

No comments:

Post a Comment