Friday, February 27, 2015

"Past Is The Past" ((freestyle))

Click on the link below to listen to the audio, Peace!!
https://soundcloud.com/po-house-management/past-is-the-past-freestyle-shawn-stare
We all search for peace
That destination, for calmness to embrace
Critiquing moments
Analyzing every component
Other times
We just get lost in it, squeeze n hold it
Wishing those joyful instances would last
Never alluding our grasp
The past is the past
Yeah!, it can't be changed
Only learned from to rearrange da picture frame

Death?

Eye found myself being numb to it more & more
And not being bound by the worldly allure
I mean, from da door!
To stay on point is such a real comprehensive chore
Thee increments I bore, slips through my fingertips
Moving thru earth's chartered space trying to get a grip
The gravity carries me
Pulls me further away, remember when they used to laugh at he
Solitude of my own apathy
Lives taken
Surrounded by recurring tragedies

Actually,

Me departed long ago
The reflection eye see now
Is not as nearly as close as the person, dat eye really used to know
From here, where do we go?
Stacy Lattisaw
Not for da bull or wavin' flags like a matador
We not protected, get infected badgered by da law

Repeated themes, corrupt schemes flash on T.V n internet screens
Want us to conform
My beliefs n laurels solely what eye rest on
At least I'm not a politician lyin' to da people 
Regressin' to da norm
Dat don't work wit Shawn
Eye watch actions of others n how they perform

A lot of women scorned
A lot of brothers torn!

Where Pop's at?
Eye don't know, somewhere feelin' defeated 
Mistreated!
Put down
Mom's stymied 
His whole being
No maturation
Buried in his own grievance

Took a turn for da worse when he lost his legion
It's beyond below cold, it's freezin'! 
Can't even fix our own backyard, they care about what's goin' on in other regions
They try to pacify our pain like a baby teethin' 
Inflammatory lines drawn in meetings, median of da mind
Pass off, same time
Population control
Synchronized!

When I break chain of command, it's despised!
But when they do it then it's justified!
Preliminaries bolstered up by an uprise
They call that enterprise
When it rain on my skin, eye feel God's cries
Tears fall n then da ink dries 
I'm a sullen soul among da skies
If a rose from da concrete is not nurtured, then it dies

Damn!
Oh my!

I get's no sigh of relief, just harassed by police
Child support in courts lookin at me
The same way they do a nigga sellin' drugs in da streets
Writing brings me happiness, but not payin' no bills
Listen here!
I'm not scribin' for thrills
I do it for da love n after I'm gone
You'll understand my story
Like dat boi last name Carter first name Shawn, middle name Corey
I'm a man first!
Who had His eye on the Sparrow, like Rory
We got a problem Houston!
Yep!, is you Whitney?

Or were you once like me from a "Different World" like 
Kadeem & Whitley?

Beauty's in the eye of thee beholder, no gypsy
You won't find it in no contraband or no bottle that will make you feel tipsy
Hey there!
Hello Kitty!

A little TLC will make ya feel like your not so damn "Unpretty"
When it comes to metaphors n bars, I'm kinda witty
We go together like Jam n Skippy
People be frontin'
Their representative be iffy iffy
And there's no way to know results of love, chances are 50/50
I'm not like deez other rappers, I'm a true lyricist n artist wit passion
Don't try to remix me
But be n stay clear
It's always two sides to a coin like Bill Bixby


Honestly,
You Onyx cats lookin' real "Shiftee"        
That's why eye keep my distance
The company you keep a extension of ya own existence
I might waver in my decisions
But when I make em', I shoot it straight out da barrel
Word?! 
Best believe I stand by it like my shadow
Inside, I'm tryna win da WAR, you can have da battle
The latter makes no sense in my travels
My spirit saddled on holy ground within da gravel
Eye see deez snakes for what they are tho, I'm never rattled!

Is it me?
Cause eye care more about my craft than da cash
The past is the past so I try to let it go and throw it right in da trash
Sometimes we flick it in each others face, just to face da aftermath
Some things not addin' up between da two, you do da math
That's when you get the present results in your presence, of what was always there in front of you residing right behind a mask

"Past Is The Past" ((freestyle)) 
by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare

1 comment: