Monday, February 9, 2015

"Cake" (freestyle)

**Click the link below to listen to the audio, peace!**


Now-A-Days
Everything is about da cake
But is it worth ya soul burnin' slow half-baked?
Sellin' out just make it, then become fake

At night, I'm up late!


Dreamin' of success

Will people see da real me thru my poetry?, underneath all da mess
Pray to God, He won't let me fall to da stress
Da ills of da world become a savage hunger quest
Spirit battle test
Fightin' for more, yet n still stuck wit less
If eye let you in my inner zone, show respect
You just a "Houseguest"
We all Sinbad
Givin' opportunities in a "Different World", who knows what I could of had
Can only blame it on myself for all da wrong paths
Tried to emulate my grandpa from talks I thought about, dat was in my past
Eye know the difference now between a father n a dad
Moms was there, but it's a bond eye wish we could of grabbed
Life is somethin' else, eye wish they would've had a class
Time is short when you glancin' thru da hour glass
As adults sometimes we fall short of our task
Tryna plant our feet on solid ground n get a grasp

My heart wears a mask!


Wit a vault around it so thick, C4 wouldn't dent it wit a major blast

Man, fuck da cash!
It don't mean shit to ya when you are alone
It can buy you a house but not a happy home
Just some stuff you learn in ya tenure when your grown

I spit it from da dome


To get it off my chest

Still in all yo', eye know I'm blessed
Prose's hit da page, unhealthy when they stay suppressed
They say everyday above ground is a win for da flesh
Tell dat to those bloodsuckers up in Congress
When eye to eye, we don't see da same
Eye see da poverty n da pain, not to mention all da shame
Nerves damaged in da veins
When a King can't hold his head to even face his Queen
Profit off da lower people on da totem pole for their own excessive gain
We got ours
Get y'allz
They call it fair game

Da cake is a means to progress wit a tailspin

My assets come from what I write out dis pen
Where you goin'?, cause it keep me humble where eye been
Most get held hostage once they get lured in 
What da use for it, if it slowly seizes all ya happiness in da end?
Dat kind of livin' ain't /ˈjenyəwən/
STOP!
Eye been peep da signs
All 8 angles like an octagon 
Plus our freedom on da line
Shine
Just tryin' to be da best man dat I can be like Ginuwine
I'm runnin' out of time
Purified when I rhyme
But no peace, pass da margins on da other side

When I step away

I'm tryna pave a way
Dodgin' bullets when they stray
Tryna find purpose in my life to live another day
B-fore you C me, check exhibit A
A poor man's art, heart n hunger on display
How can you understand?, you on da outside lookin' in
Some don't know da meaning of a friend so don't pretend
Datz why my circle small
Sometimes I feel withdrawn 
Torn between da inner flaws
Patterns of a schizo trapped way beyond a mental wall
Give me a pound, keep it movin' you can have da cake
No amount of gwap will never make me change my character for another face
If it don't equate, to da person you was before you became bigger
Guess what Missy
Guess what Mister? 
You just another lost figure caught in da stigma
Live wit dat, honestly! tell me who richer?
No decipherin' codes, eye paint a perfect picture  


"Cake" (freestyle) by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare

2 comments: