Friday, March 20, 2015

"Lasting Impressions"

My transitions of writing is a gift and a curse

Some would call me an introvert
But ain't it "Funny" like Gerald Levert
How we came together to converse
Non-conventional methods
Your sweet nature serenades my essence

I find myself at peace anytime your in my presence
It started with a word or two
A bond emerged
Anew
On pages we teetered
Threaded the lines
Meshed within the art & a rose bloomed outta the confines

Every now & then
In
We would chime
Get together & have a meeting of the minds
We traveled deeper
Teleport to each other's soul
Connected through sentences & paragraphs
Watched the beauty unfold

The canvas became our feature
Like a caterpillar changing to a butterfly
We morphed into another creature
The audience was at our mercy
We both captured the moment with a sense of urgency
Dispelled all the rumors
Fluctuating through time & space with grace, as we maneuvered 

Consciously

We stay aware of the product we put out to our consumers
Through rhyme & reason
Barz became our stronghold of charcoal
Dipped in the fire
We gripped each other tightly by that place in the cabin
The sculptures we crafted to where only others could imagine

In the midst of our passion
beneath the color-coated fabric

We noticed the same love we had
Moved in unison
And never remained stagnant
Our hearts joined in the muse, & on our flesh?!
We became tatted
In case we were ever separated
We forged something so eloquent in the remembrance of our absence

Pictures we paint leave a lasting impression to sustain our magic
Escaping the pains of the world, leaving behind the flowers in the attic

Yes!, it's true
I'm a bastard with a propensity for the dramatic
Most would not understand or comprehend
Somewhat unorthodox to the average
But 
For whomever eyes deez windows gets to view
Truly see inside, do not just look through

I'm a visionary!
Don't leave without witnessing the nature of my inhabitants
There's no end in sight to the limit of the sky I'm sanctioned in
I'm a sinner!
There's no denying that
No spin on that agenda
But I
Was born to be a winner
Even tho my internal being stays cold beyond the winter
My thoughts are a sanctum & poetry is my sanctuary

Contrary

To what is believed or what is perceived
Eye know God sees the best in ALL of us, when others do not
Indeed!
Just for that alone, I am relieved
For a sec, nothing can relinquish the comfort nor calmness that brings
Inhale & exhale, then breathe
My aunt just passed away
Eye was already numb long before that, eye didn't know how to grieve

That leads me to think there may be something wrong with me
Death has a way of doing that, when you see it enough
I pull no punches, I'm straight forward, sensitive, but abrupt!
I'll just continue to latch on to the valuable things she taught me
Hold on like she said, & try not to give up
I've been hurt so much, tormented by my dreams
I'm like a "Volcano" like Tommy Lee Jones
Waiting to erupt!
I tell the truth in ALL my work, that causes most to adjust
Always had a sense of humor
What my pops dropped in my moms
A complete nut!

But don't take that for weakness on deez prose's when I bust
Like Robert Townsend, you better "Duck"
If shots ever get fired my way
I can be complimentary to ya commentary
I'm at your disposal
Loyal!
Jill Scott
King to a Queen
"Crown Royal"
Or "Hell On Wheels" to niggaz like Cullen Bohannon when my blood starts to boil

But underneath all the turmoil
There's a diamond in the ruff
Shine a capella
No mustard on this beat
Y'all just need to Ketch-Up
Period!
After it pass ladies I beat the pussy up
That's the only time Shine put his hands on a woman with such precious decorum when his tongue speaks on her forum

I got a Jones in my bones, "Come Away With Me" like Norah
After you slide out of the boardroom from constant boredom
Fly away with me
So we
Can rise to the mountaintop & topple our feats 
Stare da beast!
Ether your speech
But either one can reach out & touch folks when they speak
To leave a lasting impression long after their deceased

"Lasting Impressions" by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare    

2 comments: