Sunday, February 22, 2015

"True Colors"

An outcast
Black sheep of the family
Angel surrounded by devils
Where will it land me?
With each passing day, I'm losing my sanity!

Rest assured, in this world

Not many, if any
You can trust
Too many consumed with material things
The lies, the envy, the lust
Hush!

Calm down!

Sssh
Sssh
Don't fight it, let go
Quiet now!
The body becomes a replica of a lifeless town
Vitals taken over by death, siphoned out
Is this mic on?

(tap) (tap)


Are you hearing me?

Look close
Most claim to be something, but not who they appear to be

Naked

Stripped
All your left wit, is your character & integrity
Friends become enemies
Switching sides among the fray
No longer in dismay
This type of behavior is expected

A new being is resurrected

Human nature, marked by our imperfections
Open eyes
Everything carries a message
Our choices become selective

No one is to be trusted!

A person's true colors are revealed when you have nothin'
Examining yourself in the mirror
Can you find ya soul beneath the rubbish?
Some say
No time to be flustered
Clear the cobwebs out of the cupboard

I am a sheet of music wit a twinge of poetry, my spirit

You'll find me there
The notes are clear
Beautiful stare
But the world is a game of musical chairs
And eye am waiting to be released from this horrid nightmare

Each day, more & more keep passing away

Eye love my son & daughters
Hope they know I did the best I could to do right by them & not lead em' astray
My one bright spot is languished in the distance
Miles away
Like Madonna, will eye "Live to Tell"
As I'm currently living in hell
"Round & Round" like Jonell
Eye see no way off of this carousel
Down here, there is no room for the weak or the frail

All eye see is graves, bars, and cells

Wish eye could sleep
Insomnia straddles the fence
Long ago, my innocence was lost through a series of events
As eye came to learn
Nobody could give me the right answers to my questions
Had major concerns
If your fortunate to live long enough, you'll see how people will turn

Loyalty burned!


The ballistics are simplistic

Under fire
Struck by the flames
Starting to match
Nothing in our nation is free
Everything comes wit a catch

I'm a poor man's voice within the wretch

Gave what eye could, don't think I have anything left
To those that have will, is what I've been trying to stress
True colors of others 
Shine through when your on opposite sides
And thee advantaged have you at a disadvantaged
Leaving you abandoned with less

"True Colors" by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare 



2 comments:

  1. VERY EXPRESSIVE SHAWN... ALWAYS DEEP THOUGHTS!! SALUTE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Shantell, appreciate you taking time out of your day to read & leave a comment. Much obliged & humbled as well. Peace & Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete