Thursday, April 9, 2015

"Stare"

I'm an ocean covered by the wave of my emotions
Eye part the sea like Moses to open up & let you see what's underneath
The scars on me comes from the reefs
I have brushed against
Life has drawn me in
Beat me down
A poet who is a "Cast Away" like Tom Hanks
Trying my best to keep floating up & not succumb to the currents to drown

My head constantly pounds
Noggin aches from the stress
Poppin' pills to ease the pain
Footprints in the beach
After I return to a higher plain
Eye often wonder will anyone dig up my remains
Study my bones like an archaeologist
Polishin'
Off
The ruff edges to witness the true beauty of my identity between
the cracks & crevices

Truth is a hard medicine
To swallow
Daily
This drug is injected into my bloodstream
Not too fond of what follows
My reality is gobbled
"Runnin' down a Dream" like Tom Petty
"Pieces of a Man" like AZ shattered on the ice
Wayne Gretzky
Beneath my feet, it's getting thin
Common ground
Breakin'

Fall repeatedly
Only to pull myself up again & again
To gather myself & regain my balance
Rocky Balboa, Italian Stallion
I keep coming with an effort that's valiant
These demons eye face are smilin'
Persistent in their mission
To pulverize Ra Shine's glow into submission

At times my light darkens because of the loud barkin'

She Hate Me embedded within the margins
Spike by thorns as I travel through a forest
Getting stuck with a irritating ringing chorus that's morbid
Retracted copies, many carbon 
Trying to "Find My Way Back" like Jaheim, feeling like a fish in the sand on dry land
Outta my element like that tarpon
If you pay attention people reveal their true colors & show no
"Mercy" like Ellen Barkin

Eye remember at one point long ago when I was just happy with the space I had in a tiny apartment
Occupied by a little tranquility tryna come up in the market
Not knowing that when you reach a certain status, others wanna
pull you low
You got a bulls~eye on ya back, now your the target
Cuffed 
In the cusp of the wedge of circumstances you bred
You can tell by the "Look In My Eyes" like Jada n Bleu Davinci dat somethin's missin' when you stare in em' awhile wit no pardon

Only view is Cincinnati Red like Barry Larkin

Eye miss me, but things eye experienced along my journey
Has made my heart Harden
Like James
When the Rockets glared & flames reached it's peak of despair
It's worse than electrocution, trust me!
You don't wanna sit in this chair
My sole purpose now is just to be free mentally & get a whiff of fresh air
So I can breathe easy when eye look in the mirror & be content with what's there
Reciprocating love back without contemplation of scares, uniquely
Telling the difference cause they genuinely care
~~Stare~~

"Stare" by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare

2 comments: