Monday, April 13, 2015

"Salute"

Da game of life ain't a bed of roses
Being an adult severely overrated
Try not to walk away from love, but I'm kinda Jaded
Through all da tribulations
Eye know everyday above ground is amazin'
But my soul is cravin'
For somethin' more in dis tour of duty
Da only thing dat soothes me
Is this music, truly!
Poetry found me kept me goin' in seclusion of my onus darkest
moments
When da anger only built up
Dear Lord!, don't let me give up!

Dis da only way to express myself constructively, especially
Without spazzin'
I use to lock myself in da basement wit da beats when my ex was naggin'
Underneath my soles fire!, 9 to 5 every morning dawg feet were dragon
Had mouths to feed did what I had to do tho!, but very slowly almost killed my passion for dis rappin'
Struggles highlighted by da indicator flashin', upon ensuing CAPTIONS
Contemplatin' back den
Thinkin' to myself, if I'm gon' blow now's da time for dis shit to happen
What's in dat hour glass, is elapsin'

Took a while to get my head straight after divorce, but somehow adapted
Trouble seems to follow me wherever I go, it's like a magnet
Can't seem to get deez devils off my scent, their bloodhounds dat keep trackin'
Had luv for hiphop, since da days of Mr. Magic
Create art on da canvas, you can tell my verses well crafted
On ya post appreciate it!, thanks for da taggin'!
Lucky Lefty, eye see you!
~~Lyrical Assassin~~

Man!
A world without writin'
huh
(smh) Eye can't imagine!

L.A.B ambassador gave me inspiration
Real Talk!
Cause my heart wasn't in it no more, vitals faintly fadin'
Salute & Props, Mad Respect to y'all
Keep da wheels churnin'
It's important dat ya voice be heard, put out da word!
I tell my seeds frequently wit experience, also comes a learnin'
curve
And if things don't go da way you want, try not to get perturbed
It's when points are at it's lowest, might not know it
Could be on da verge
Of somethin' wonderful inside of you, to emerge

I'm not lion
Deep down within, just pull ya courage!
Let it rise above to da surface

Search ya veins, try to find ya nerve
Y'all don't know da half
I did some shit to survive, but that's in my past
Still da sun dat shines on deez ocean waters tryna culminate my raft
In the right direction, feel my message!
We all go through stuff where engulfed, hands behind us feelin' cuffed!
I just let you know you not alone so eye jot my thoughts along in deez poems
Keep ya head to da sky, One amor! like Nas
Salute to ALL of my peers wit they eye on da prize
We da gatekeepers, do whatever it takes 
To provide & keep our genre alive

Peace!! 

"Salute" by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare

2 comments:

  1. I DIG THE IMAGERY YOU PAINTED HERE SHAWN!! ((SALUTE))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humbled!, thanks for reading & commenting Shantell. Respect!!

      Delete