Tuesday, April 7, 2015

"Alone"

Stare
What I am
What eye feel
Like Eric Roberson & Lalah Hathaway
I'm just trying to deal
Fuck riches!
Now a days I just thank God for a roof ova my head & a home-cooked meal
Ghost writer
No hands on da wheel
Lyrics take note as eye fire em', outta my grill
Lost signal but my memory build
Satellite my thoughts on da dish, built in chip going for a Sirius kill!

Outside
Poetry my lifeline dat connects me to da inside
Eye plug-in
It's my zone
Padded-room, walls are my shield 
Isolated like a sociopath subdued in a straight~jacket
Wrapped up 
With a frosty
Chill!

Shine
By himself
"Empire of the Sun"
Melt polar ice caps like berg when he Spiel
Da page is his field
Been HUNGRY!
A starvin' artist without a deal

And eye can't stand phony ass people
When eye see em'
I just Jet
Like Freeman McNeil

Homicida
Suicidal

I'm sorry
My hierarchy is anarchy
His mental mask Purge on da reel
What if that reality was legal n really existed?
Once a year just to get rid of da pent~up tension
Awaiting
No jail sentence
Cause it's a bunch of shitheads on this earth I would luv to erase
like Schwarzenegger from this very existence 

Hold up!
Wait a minute...

Powers that be, already doin' that
(R.I.P) Robin Williams cause there's a child in all of us that wants to escape the prison where dispatched
We are already at
A major disadvantage & it's a mismatch
And eye ain't assuming Jack
I'm an adult spewin' facts
Hidden behind the brass
Amerikkka's past
Done caught up to the present mutilation that affects this nation

Racism!
And a host of other negative stuff that plagues our population

What about the world Stare?
After awhile, you lose hope in trying to save it

Eye believe it never went nowhere
It just became subtle underneath da layers & rose up from migration
I'm alone among the shadows & my heart is achin'
Between the lines, I'm a troubled patient
Trying not to slit my wrists & keep my wits
About me
But it's gettin' harder to sustain it
Still
Eye
Am
Alone

Seeking that place like Daughtry, where eye belong & can call my
home
Comfortable in my mode
Instead of fighting off the voices that keep hummin' in my ear like a drone
I just wish
I was able to do a u-turn, begin again
Prevent the "End of the Innocence" like Don Henley once sung so eloquent
Mines in particular that led up to a series of events 
Eye, going back to a time when things clearly wasn't about that dollar & simply made sense

 "Alone" by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare

1 comment: