Saturday, July 19, 2014

"If Only"

Cold case, most of humanity a cold race but still i rise
What's da purpose in deez damn tears eye cry?
When eye die, will they mourn? contemplatin' on how they did me wrong
If only eye could turn back da hands of time slidin' in da hour glass
Eye would rectify my past
Take da good times i had n make em' last
Tears of a clown hidin' under a distorted mask
If only life, i could've got a grasp
A voice for poetry reachin' to da high heaven's
Cryin' for my sistah's n my brethren's 
At God's discretion
Eye lived among so much deception, battled demons of depression
Dis cruel world full of temptation had me stressin'
There's a parable in everything
If only i had da chance to fly, eye would've spread my wings like a damn Troop 21 gun salute!
Some say i lived as a hermit or became a mute, my verses go ova heads like a roof, dat i provided
Ya logic not makin' no sense so tell me what we got in common?
If only we had took a sec to analyze da problem
We would've fared a better chance from people prayin' dat we fell flat on our faces
Down da staircases
In da basement felt da fire ragin' no containment! 
If only cooler heads had prevailed or if we would've seen da error in our very selfish ways, our future could've been brighter wit some better sunny dayz
It's fucked up when da money plays a vital part
Strangle-hold on da mind n da heart, da violence BARKS!!!
If only we got a moment to cut those strings from da harp
Maybe then it would've been a very different song
Somewhere we belonged
Luggage in da cab gotta go! da meter's on
If only eye wasn't a ghost like Patrick Swayze, maybe then you could've felt da love scintillating in my palms
But it's too late!, cause now I'm gone

"If Only" By Ra Shine McKoy

No comments:

Post a Comment