Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Eye"

Eye see da day turn 2 night
Night turn 2 day
Eye see da starz light up da sky
Eye see myself getting older
While all my loved ones around me die
Eye see my tears hit da page
As my words laminate across da lines

Eye see brothaz killin' brothaz
While da 
Klan thanks our kind
Eye see my dead peers in my dreams
Felt my grandmother's cold skin
When dey unhooked her from dat machine
Eye even seen my brotha break down fiends
Endured body work
Just 2 obtain dat devil in a bottle

Saw da nightmare Jigsaw of peoples integrity bein' swallowed
Insides hollow
Filled wit embalming fluid to preserve n look decent
Ride down my strip
Eye see less children clubs n more jail precincts
Eye see honeymooners gettin' divorced within 3 years instead of hangin' in der like Alice n Jackie Gleason
Eye saw bullets hit innocent kids n it wasn't meant for dem
Seen cats turn down hoop dreams to fly wit Birdie 
"Above Da Rim"

Da future is grim!

So many can't find work like Lem
Food for da Soul is what my grandparents gave like Boyz 2 Men
Ask most people want dey really want
Some say peace within
And I know GOD will provide if we just have faith n believe in Him
But right der at dat particular moment
It's Difficult to establish when options n means is slim
Eye seen what happens when your on da bottom
When your positioned on top
Everybody's a friend

Shit!
Even kin

Eye see da dark corridors n da path to sin
Lived der frequently 
Tryin' 2 change da station n get on da right frequency
Eye see cats wit
No more RESPECT!
No more LOYALTY!
No more HONOR!
Without COMMITMENT n TRUST!
FlatLine!
Your a goner

Our Leaders n bystanders bein' murdered
Children bein' brought up in da system because dey parents strung out
Eye saw da past follow da present n watched da future have doubts
Watched as some of my peepz lost dey 
Jobs
House
Kids
And spouse
Eye seen others take their own lives
Cause it hurt just to breathe
Lackin' Love n Motivation
Pulled trigga n put brains on sleeves

Eye still see some consumed by greed

Eye still see I
When Eye open da bible 2 read
And it still cuts like a thousand knives
Like it did my aunt n so many
As it continue's 2 do 2 me
Equally 4 Thee
It adds up to an equivalent eye standard
Transmitted to da cells of da brain
But da Heart follows a different path
It leads us to da truth
Pointin' 2 da aftermath

Eye see modern day catastrophies of da Creator's wrath
People still thinkin' it's greener on da other side of da grass
Eye see my Eyez giving away because da scenery
Mirrored to me
Of changes not made n absent identity
To solve dat war inside
We usually have to identify Eye selves wit da entity 2 gain prosperity n tranquility
To stay on da positive side is a relentless task among da negative energy
Eye see a New World Order wit no compassion or clemency
When it's all said n done
I Pray one day
Da LORD'S WILL will enter me

"Eye" by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare

No comments:

Post a Comment