Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Eye Against The World"

Eye stand alone!
I stand alone!
Eye stand alone!

Eye Phil Collins
Taaaaaaaaaake, Take me Home

Please Lord!
Give me strength
I'm so tired
My soul is so hollow
My spirit is so broken

Eye don't know if I'm comin' or goin'
I feel so hopeless
Most would be ecstatic to win with a dollar & a dream
But all eye ever wanted was simple things

In life

It is eye against the world almost every night
Even when the shade is up
I feel no sunlight

My hunger has been long since vanquished 
My heart is tainted
There's no colorful sequence in this paintin'

Satan

Reached in my sanction, destroyed & taken 
Everything eye worked hard for & built
Sent me into a spiraling tilt
I used to be a pillar of strong stilts 

Others could lean on
Eye look at the reflection in the mirror
But eye don't recognize
Me
Is gone

Eye use to view life differently
Full of vigor & positivity
But when you start losing so much
It changes your imagery

Eye know I have not lived up to expectations that was put on me
I'm so hurt
In & out of depression
But you only learn those lessons
When experience becomes your enemy
Use to think it was my friend, but it carries no sympathy
Cause it seems like it's not enough time
To right the wrongs of the mistakes you created imminently 

Back
Constantly 
Against a wall
Feeling like my pop's cursed semen
Cummin'
Then came
Out dat thing men hold in they hand when face forward pissin' in a stall

Rock hard!

I'm a grown man
I ain't gotta "Pause"
Eye know exactly what I'm sayin'
I'm not Damon
I'm pretty sure a lot of us would love to Dash & be a boss walking the pavement

And believe me, I'm not hatin'
Some people are blessed to be in certain positions in the cirlce of entertainment
Where I'm from tho, they must of forgot
You just tryin' to survive & make it
9 to 5 do ya job, produce results or your history like a New England Patriot
Bill collectors don't care about ya hardships or the mouths you got to feed
They want payment!!!

Like a Pimp on his hoes

They'll cut dat chick like Beli if they not out on dat field bringin' back contribution to daddy's situation
Entrepreneurship is a beautiful investment in oneself if you can afford the start-up paper to accompany that goal & really leave behind your stable occupation

Don't get me wrong tho, like he said
Most cats is lazy, others impatient
Eye understand, & agree with most of dude statements
But for the majority of us, it's not realistic!
Just makin' an observation
You gotta start somewhere
And there's some truth missing in the compartment of those accusations 

Our sins are on display everyday as a colossal nation
It's a rat race
And it's dominated
You might have to toss out ya morals & sacrifice a helluva lot to get to the top of that peak
That is thee embodiment of a hustler, it's not for the weak
And while you trying to get there, it's probably not for the meek
But the bible say, they
Shall inherit the earth
So who's to say what's really ya worth

Eye know cats who get up everyday breakin' they back to support they family
Sun Up, sun down & go to work
Even one's who think they got it all
But still feel they gettin' jerked
And on top of that, they still unhappy
Everybody don't have "Money In The Bank" like Lil' Scrappy 
It's the little things that bring you joy like Anita when you in that crapper
Tiny spec's & moments of laughter, dat grab ya!

It's just how it is when you breakdown the puzzle of the pieces that scattered
That's just "The Way I Am"
Medians parallel but similar to Marshall Mathers
We all not far from the latter
And watch who you step on to climb up the ladder
You might see em' on ya way down
When you lose your footing, & hit the ground

Noggin on a swivel 
When eye survey around
Only time I found 
An ounce of peace
Is when I used to go in my kids rooms when they was younger & stared at their smiles while they was asleep

Eye framed that pic in my mind
It was truly unique!
Now eye crave for that same calmness
"Searching" like Luther among the cosmic for my true calling beneath the logic
Dalmatian 
Poetry 101
I think eye spot it
But it's just eye against the world
In da Thicke of da shit, lonely in it like Robin

"Eye Against The World" by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare 

No comments:

Post a Comment