Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"Writing"

Writing is not somethin' I do
Ever since the canal I was birth thru
It has been what eye came to love
Words would spark my brain
Gave my fingers the nudge 

To write my reality
No salary
Expressing myself with a certain immortality
An array of painted, distorted, pictures like a museum art gallery
Some filled wit happiness
Others filled wit tragedy 
Most misunderstood staring back at me

For a long time, my heart has been heavy from the weight of the capacity
I'm a quiet man, but for me not to share my story with the world
Would be considered a travesty
I was a good kid who strayed away from the path my family had for me
A host were mad
Some disappointed in me
Became older
Saw the beautiful things in life as well as the savagery

Eye found out love doesn't love anyone
And the evol keeps melting my soul like acid in a battery
Back in the day with my peeps, I used to get bent
Graduated, newports and weed was the stench
As eye glanced thru the eye of the smoke
The world didn't n still doesn't make any sense
The only thing that matters is profits in cents
Dollar amount
Currency
The ONLY power that most people respect that exists

So many have died chasin' that shit
And when you need it the most, it escapes da clutch of ya fists
But without it, life can be a treacherous road trip
Ain't that a bitch?!
A catch 22 in the mitt
Most of us work our whole lives to provide because of it
Some of us get drilled like a bit n die before we retire never enjoyin' the fruits our hours of labor had spent 
If rain poured pain, I'd be drenched
If the speech in which I speak freely today, eye spoke back in my ancestors day
Like Marshawn
I'd probably be Lynch 

Eye know God has a divine plan for us all

But to me this whole script has been fixed
Eye try to have hope
Eye look around when I step outside
I'm not convinced 
I'm part of the percentage that's poor, nowhere near the rich
Lower class by the mass
They on the outside lookin' in
They don't give a fuck about who we are or where we been

For the most part, friends not even friends
Family n enemies starting to appear identical
Stuck with the same syringe 
Innocent bystanders still gettin' stashed in the bin 
Knicked off the bench, became a flamin' rocket then traded again like Jeremy Lin
I didn't ask to be here
Eye came through a portal into a nation of sin
Women n Men ain't learn nothin', all this shit we portray just became another generational trend

Past demons passed down like Richard from Pryor events
Divide, destroy, and conquer
Still flooded through thee environment doing as it was meant
Dr. King was assassinated and all he wanted was a place where we all could be equal and solve our problems without violence
Racial profilin' pops up continuously on this island
God is the only one that can hear us
To the rest OUR CRIES are silent

As for talent!
Well,

It can only take you so far
Then you realize the true nature of the business 
The beast lion in the scar
I'm just a King myself immersed in these bars
A lot of supposed Queens would prefer a thug over a nice dude that's up to par
Pickin' the short end
Guess some overlook that straw
These are the things I've experienced, seen n saw
Smh, face puzzled like Tobin Bell
Jigsaw
Never show no emotion
Hot underneath the flesh from the pilot
But calm on the exterior when lift off 

Writing to me was never a job
But what you get paid, slavery wage could be a rip-off
Imagery conveyed through the portrait can be vivid
Make humans livid
Ambidextrous
I can hold the mic right or left-handed when spittin' a sentence
Give you a message in a cordial manner or decipher ghetto encryption
But if you see it how eye see it
It's not hard to distinguish
My grammar doesn't extinguish
It starts inferno's for a cause with "Amazing Grace & Chuck" like Alex English

Writing is my voice outta the pen man to rewrite the ship goin' in the wrong direction to get your thoughts on the right perspective
Hothead!
Every decision has to be strategic n selective 
And for the record
Eye believe they wanna X us 
All out like Malcolm
To preserve their corrupt criteria motives formed against us in their own battalions
Nothings funny anymore
That's why you rarely see me smilin'
More like a wolf at the moon howlin'
We need to think sensible to access change n stop wildin'
Writing is thee only other centerpiece in me that creates the balance
Shine
Eye "Tap" in minds like Gregory Hines
Who's up for the challenge???  

"Writing" by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare

2 comments:

  1. DESCRIBED PERFECTLY IN EPIC PROPORTIONS... (((SALUTE)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shantell for reading & commenting. Eye appreciate the luv & eye hope you got somethin' out of it I'm humbled!!, Salute!!

    ReplyDelete