Monday, January 5, 2015

"Misunderstood" (freestyle)

Press the link below to listen to the audio, Peace!!

1st Verse
Deez last 6 years has been somethin' left desired
I'm a humble cat
Sometimes even often quiet
Lost my home, got divorced, even got fired!
My silence speaks volumes
One bar can cause a riot
Some people full of shit, in need of heavy diets
God caught my tears at night when my soul was cryin'
Some would say my potential never reach it's peak
But I'm a true poet
I let my music speak!!!

I lost everything I had but I'm still here
And when I look in da mirror
I'm still there
I never sold nothin'
How many of y'all can say dat wit some real comfort?
My shoes got mileage
Da road was very rugged
No matter how I'm viewed in da eyes of da public
Faced plenty trials, did my best to rise above it
I found in dis life, money you can never covet

2nd Verse
I try to grow n evolve, be a decent person
But in da inner workin's
There's more then what you think, goin' on behind dat curtain
Swimmin' in shark-infested waters tryna reach da surface

I got a lot of integrity, all lot of pride
When some look at me
Dey don't care to see inside
Dey just see my skin n see my face
Most Amerikkkans, still
All dey ever see is race
If you think racism not alive
You sincerely blind
Niggaz still in chains, I'm tryna free they mind
Our nation built on currency, it's a bitter grind
We in da reel, in da field where da wicked play
No pause or rewind
This world is cold, ain't no freezin' time
Just forward progress where you get admonished being honest
Weather storms in different seasons as they change climates
Da strong survive n da weak shall perish
Choice's made, come wit consequences n many merits

3rd Verse
It seems like right or wrong in justice has no bearin'
It's JUST US judged, lock up for our appearance
Dis day n age
Your an entrepreneur
Or a random slave
Thank da Lord for food, a roof, n somewhere to bathe
No matter what they say
Don't feel like I have to go to church, anywhere I go I give You da praise
My bro said, it's crazy out here
I said, I know
We in da last days
Cats breakin' laws excessively like crime pays
What's da difference if politician's are capable of da very same ways?
When dat tide come, both get wiped-out from da same wave
It's inevitable, you gon' be up in a cage or a grave
I'm a rappin' renegade
Shawn release da pen, bomb on tracks like a grenade
I want PEACE yo!, datz all eye crave

Workin' on me
Puzzled
Puttin' pieces back together
Gotta tight circle now, n a chick datz clever
Loyal
Down for whatever
Grateful for da love n support
When dat other bitch left me high n dry, to die
Out
On a stretcher
Eye hate you gotta do things, you don't want
To get where you wanna be
I call dat drastic measures
Earth is full of false pleasures
Eye just want my kids to have more than me n do better

I'm misunderstood within da depths of dis barren land of waste

If shit went wrong, just know my heart was headed in da right place
For all it's worth, I'm tryna hold on n keep da faith
In n Out
Stressin' ova court dates
Yet n still I say my prayers
Wake up everyday unsure of my purpose in dis dense atmosphere
A new event horizon
Clouds climbin'
Even when da sun is shinin'
Feels like I'm not in control, my life's on auto pilot
What's to talk about if we don't have a freakin' thing in common?
Da light comes n goes
My dreams consoled by my flows I spit out in a prose
Seal literature concealed, wit a kiss from a rose
Cajoled by my flesh
Pick my thoughts apart like a buzzard til' der's nothin' left
Emotions runnin' rampant
Like snipers gunnin' for my higher learnin, down on a college campus
I'm past panic!
Exercise our freedom of speech, we get reprimanded

"Misunderstood" (freestyle) by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare  

2 comments:

  1. THIS WAS STRAIGHT OUT THE GATE FIYAHHHH.. LOVE THE CONCEPT AND DIALECT..... NICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was from deep within, eye am humbled that you took the time to check it out, really listen & commented. I truly appreciate that
    Shan-Teazy. Thank you for your kind words,
    Salute!!

    ReplyDelete