Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"Eye Pray"


I never rapped for money, fame, or glory
Ra Shine just wanted to tell his story
Poetry was a friend when no one else was
It gave me a voice for da things eye was deprived of
Shy, but eye spoke up!
At one point, all eye ever wanted was love
From an absent father, who even now today I forgave for his departure
As a young kid in church, I recited 
"The Lord's Prayer" our Father at da alter

But didn't truly understand those words til' eye grew older

Life hit me hard with so many responsibilities to shoulder
Eye couldn't sleep, so I rolled over outta my bed
Wiped da tears eye had shed
Began to type cause voice's don't slumber
They just constantly dance in my head
I wish they would stop!
Man!, I wish they would stop!

But they don't agree, so they do not


On a lot of walls I've read, 

"Quitting Is Not An Option"
A standard I would try to live by like an unspoken doctrine
But it's get's more difficult everyday to keep dat promise
Now a days eye pray for peace of mind more than everything
And besides da Creator above us all, taught to never fear anyone or anything
It used to be fun to recite rhymes, go home write n memorize lines
But now this gift is a curse as an adult in an embattled mind
Family don't care, when you really need em' friends not there
Nobody understand Shine!

Loyalties are lost among people who claim so divine

Now eye see only God lives solely by dat design
Trust is a word aforementioned loosely associated wit bond
Da terms don't coincide wit da means when you get stabbed from behind
As eye lay awake, I speak with dead peers
They lend me their ears
When they talk, eye listen! cause da living cannot hear
What is in my heart
Cannot bare
Window through eyes Stare
Within my soul 2 soul
Respirated Back 2 Life
Deep down, my makeup as a whole

Dreams n goals terrorized by nightmares

Dr. King said, wit you I might not get there but I'll see you there

How do you become a better person when you keep trudging in sand datz quick n disperses upon your every movement on surface?

Trying your hardest to do da right things n live wit a purpose
A setup to fail like Pac said within da inner workings
Ghetto vs Suburban, we get ignored like it's not even UrGeNt!
What are we?
What is I?
Worthless!!!
Tryin' to survive around gangs, drug merchants, n serpents in itself is a turbulent job
Not everyone in deez neighborhoods is lookin' to pitch or rob

Eye see good folks too!, decent ones tryin' to get ahead n provide for they fam, paper dat get taken out of checks every week more than what's put in their palms


Employers gorge us on da border

On da canvas, how do we draw any line? 
And we lookin' to deez political figures to even our odds
Shit!, an atheist would have a better chance believing in God
Ask em' about those pretenses n tell em' to think before he respond
Eye pray dat after I'm gone, my writing's on da walls will live on
In subsequent form
On what to change as future generations are being reborn
Eye pray when I go, I won't feel any pain
Looking forward to a paradise wit no monetary exchange

Eye pray my children know eye loved them wit every fiber in me
Hoping they know 
Respect, Dignity, n Integrity can't be equated or replaced by no Bentley
If heaven was a mile away, I'd pack my bags be out da door along wit Nas quickly
Calmly n gently, eye pray my spirit is lifted up swiftly
When no more air is able to pass thru my lungs
Ready to embrace n witness what's beyond da sky 
what Sam Cooke feared n sung 
in "Change Gon Come"

Peace!


"Eye Pray" by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare



2 comments: