Saturday, August 29, 2015

"I Am"

I am
Hot headed
A flow spitta!
Luv my sistah's, but despise
A gold digga!
I'm cut from a different part of da crust, I mold niggaz
I'm wise, but walk alone like a hitchhiking old drifter
Jersey born n bred outsider like Rah Digga!
Black Panther, black sheep, black militia!

Born sinner
Torn soul!
Cold as winter!
Eye see dudes changin' appearance like Bruce Jenner
Smh, such fuckery!
Puff, Nas, some hate, some lovin' me
Twin cassette from da 80's, some dubbin' me

Da next comin'
I am
Inner presence dat gets summoned
Green Hulk
Wild beast, child please!
Shine/Shawn Stare, siamese
If you ain't feelin' dis issh, den bite deez!

I am
Sun, Rain, da night breeze
So hard to say goodbye to yesterday, don't leave!
Preach on dawg! in da fog we all bleed
Warp speed!, "Cooley High" like Cochise
Time machine, back n forth swallowed by greed
Destinies meet
Still bludgeoned, by police!

I am
Pass heroic, yet stoic!
A common Poet
Plus sniper!,
Taste smoke, X vipor
Rogue writer, touch me! 
I heal typer's
So many times I've watched daybreak
I pulled all-nighter's

An enduring alluring passionate scriber
If ya view is blocked by da vast drops
He clear it up wit what he left to write
Removin' da fibers right to left like windshield wipers
I am damaged, humble, caring, & loving
Flip side can be provoked if you wake da beast dat is slumbering
My skin sometimes detest da growls & da rumblings

I am a divorcee
Like most
High on da rise of da ledge wit a story
Did somethings good, did somethings bad
Through it all, give you "all that I am" like Joe
And show me!
Humans are deceptive & only display what they want you to see
Real is something you are, authentic!
Not what you interpret to be

And it's never how much you have
Less can mean more to thee
Not ashamed of my decree, no matter da pressure or notch of degrees
You feel me like da wind, I blow trees!
I am a great friend to a battered spirit
The truth in a tongue when you don't wanna hear it
I am a unique person like none other
A son to a mother, a sibling to a brother, a cousin to another
A father to a son & daughters
Wit past rears child support/alimony orders

I am not without fault many times
Somewhat of a troubled man like Marvin Gaye in my rhymes
It's therapeutic, helpin' me heal within da lines
Genuinely, I am a pure heart in da course of God's design
Tryin' to connect da dots wit dis pen to have a meeting of da minds
Not just to better Shawn, but to come out on the opposite side to also better Shine

"I Am" by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare
    

3 comments:

  1. YOUR WORK NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE THOSE THAT READ, VERY AUTHENTIC INDEED... BIG UPPPPPS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Shantell, I am very humbled indeed!...Salute Poetess!!

    ReplyDelete