Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"KEEP IT A 100"

Oldskool, Top Gun like Tom Cruise
Pen flight aviator navigator
Authentic narrator
Straight forward, plain n simple
Let dis stick to ya dome like fly paper

Da maverick of dis ship ready to take off n leave da harbor like Derek Harper
Whenever I'm tagged by my fam David partner
Eye take a leap of faith n book my life on deez pages like an author
Don't judge on da cover
Open up!
Read me!
If you decide to leave me
And come back later
Don't lose ya place, get ya bookmarker
All eye ever wanted was love, but got abandoned by my father
Hurt feelings!
So eye commenced to climb buildings like Peter Parker
To keep from collapsin'
My mind was my foundation so my hands sprung into action
N started writing poetry on pads, transferred to deez walls
Was a hard head kid dat had my first seed at a young age
But made a point to stand tall n not disengage
No Jive!, it's been a bumpy ride
I've committed so many sins dat go against da institution of God
It's gets more n more difficult to comprehend His design
Had to retract, open up n unlatch, let go of deadly pride
To see better
So eye wouldn't be dead on deez streetz n at least
Have a small fraction of inner peace I could call my own forever
Away from da everyday pressures
Instead of being enraged in dis enormous galactic world sector
Eye never
Followed
Always been a leader!
Always tried to respect my elders
No monkey business!
Eye observed n listen, dey had my full attention
Cause da morals dey instilled made me a believer
As you already know, a passionate speaker!
Penmanship so impeccable girls would admire but teasin'
Also a avid reader
Underappreciated!
But still a overachiever
On some assignments n essay's, Eye was grilled by my teacha's
Dey asked,
Did you research ya material in da library or encyclopedia's?
Cause you know we didn't have da technology, Like deez kids
Da features, n all dis social media 
So I said, neither!
My grandparents lived it n gave me jewels to run wit
Sometimes dey looked at me strange, twisted
Eye could see da knots in dey stomachs
Later on down da line, I began to plummet
Lost my focus n drive somewhere inside
Alive or just breathin'?
Shit!
Most dayz now my existence feels alive wit no meaning
Writing dis stuff is therapy for my own personal impedance
But holds no similar patterns or lycan(likin') to others like Scott Speedman
Hell!
I spit fire like demons
But on da other side, eye can feel da Lord's angels breathin'
Down my throat
Telling me not to give up hope
Try to stay in da light n stay away from da smoke

But how do you do dat when ya constantly surrounded by violent folks
Who have no respect for life or others corralled in da same boat?

Da very one's who don't grasp ya thinkin' concepts upon deez key strokes
Justify dey cynicism but
See both!
Keep it a 100 in abundance
C-notes

"KEEP IT A 100" By Shawn Stare

No comments:

Post a Comment