Monday, October 13, 2014

"Da Pressures Of Life" ((freestyle))



Forget about da ice n da cars
Steel feel like misrepresented in bars
I still spit for da love of da art
Some days it was cool, some days it was hard
Miss my homies from da basement back when we used to ante' up n drop weed in da jars
Chill!, smoke! talk about our problems b4 going home n reality lit us all like cigars
Battlin' on video games
Poppin' shit, liftin' weights like we was up in da yard

After work, it was an outlet
Away from da pressures of life
A small break from our kids n da wife
At least we wasn't on da block rollin' some dice or sellin' some drugs
But in da end, still crucified when da key hit da lock
Thankful, made it in safe n didn't get shot
Grateful to da Lord for all dat you got

Da good n da bad!

Soldier of fortune
Forging forward thru what was hindering you or makin' you mad
Times we laughed n wanted to cry
But couldn't
Cause we had to stay strong n keep our heads to da sky
And anybody sayin' they never felt this is a lie
Young boys to men, we were taught to bury our emotions
Toss em' aside

Wish I could fly

Flap my wings, feel da breeze on my face n be free
But that's a luxury n most not who they say or what they appearin' to be
Test da majority
You'll find a long tedious list
Like a litany 
N while eye slumber, it don't stop epiphanies
Soul hugs my spirit, while da world bears my flesh like a polar n be grippin' me

Shine revive flatten lines
Be Clear!
Caress notes like a symphony
I'm not concerned wit jewelry like Tiffany

I'm more concerned about what roams in ya heart
Character, integrity displayed when all else departs
Is ya Loyalty real or will it fall apart?, cause dat ain't somethin' you can go to Walmart n bag in a cart
Or even when we at odds, at a register out in public at a shoppin' mall or a mart

Sometimes it's unrealistic when you searchin' for a love on da billboard 
High 
Up on da charts
I'm a brother dat will always be there, to be a shield for ya across da board when other people throwin' those darts

Nowadays yo!
Eye show better smarts

Cause when you extend ya kindness, niggaz take it for a weakness
When those lines are crossed
Bonds formed now severed puts it in a category where it breaches

Yeah!
My belief is

What we all believe might not coincide wit what da bible teaches
Some snakes will slide into ya circle n become leeches 
Other folks enter for a purpose, put there for a short season
A brief period, enlightened you
Then left, stepped like new sneakers
Sometimes our parents n our teachers couldn't really reach us
They walked da same asphalt shaky ground that's underneath us
Tried depictin' our thoughts instead of lookin' at da real reasons

Behind da shadows of ourselves which was misleadin'

What shattered confidence in accordance wit da grievance
Daddy penis shootin' stimuli steady pokin' at my genius
8 weeks after conception up in my mama fetus
Considered me a gift to da world like Jesus
A rose from da concrete risin' up 9 months removed from da womb
To be later on concealed to a tomb

Born alone
Die alone in a hospital room

Pressures of life is like suffocatin' from fumes
Stayin' engaged, keeps my mind from illicit neighboring rage
Cuts might heal, but da pain stays where it stays
Insomnia n stress kept me up many days
Night fell
Cold sweats
Howlin' at da moon like a wolf when it change

It hurts to write every word on this page 

If eye don't get deez thoughts out, they'll drive me insane!
Straight jacket therapy wit no serendipity claimed
Just persistent resistance to keep my demons off da length of my wave 

"Da Pressures Of Life" ((freestyle)) by Ra Shine McKoy






2 comments:

  1. DEEP IMPACT RASHINE! IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD THING TO EXPRESS THOSE KIND OF EMOTIONS I FEEL YA!! (((SALUTE))))

    ReplyDelete