Saturday, October 25, 2014

"Dear HipHop"

Dis dat real hiphop
I get lost in da music, it don't stop!
Deez artists done turned into robots
Disrespectin' da game
A slave to da co-ops

I jot my thoughts down, make it hot like a stove top
Been nice wit da pen since my Blessed Sacrament dayz
Lettin' da flow drop!
Before da age of computers went viral n blew like a blow pop
Da industry faker den botox

Thoughts manifested from what was invested

How you expect to sell records when you don't put ya heart in da message

Now a dayz cats mumble mumbo jumbo n yell wit a lot of aggression

But not sayin' shit, I came equipped
Need to write better bars behind steel dey playin' wit
Went from a hot lyric like Jason to a hot chorus

Funny how da game done shift

On da air, those not waves
Datz a tsunami riff wit a major shift
It's all about da politics
Middle men n lobbyists

Is it me? or is it probably it's!

Cool to except whatever writers put out to da masses like a columnist
Let's have a convo n acknowledge it

Might of been somethin' eye missed!
But don't sit there n act like da problem doesn't exist
Cats sell dey soul, dive into da batter mix

Grab a fix like Scarface to climb up da ladder quick

Eye hunger for more like Banks to make my neck twitch
Check percentages
System rigged wit a scientific glitch
And I don't care if y'all, people are appalled by da shit I spit n have you startled like a gliff 

It's ain't hard to tell, 
Dis shit got me pissed!

Eye think beyond da fame, stars, skyscrapers, n da monuments
Mighta smoke a little weed to get my mind off nonsense

Word to Common!

Cents added up ain't makin' sense
Entertainment got niggaz gassed like dey actin' out a screenplay off a script
Enough bull to make a brotha flip

My passion is immense!

Edgy 
like when a chick got her lips on da tip of her man's dick
Open up ladies, my point of view a have you cummin' from all angles
Tackle ALL issues
Head on
Like a heat seekin' blazed missle

Economy n Poverty got my people meat gnawed down to da gristle
My truth is brutal, but straight official!
And fuck deez rappers, I ain't tryna diss you!
I'm just tryna get you

To invest more time in substance subject matter in yo' rhymes den a pistol

Is MY VIEW becomin' more clear?
Is it crystal?

Holla at me like a grown man on elemental's 
Every individual is born wit great potential
And if we tap into dat, it makes life worth livin' n more essential

Dear HipHop,
I really miss you!

You've been gone for a while
Produced a slew of styles
I never took you for granted, you was there for me as a child
Use to run home, throw my book bag on da couch 
Pump Yo MTV raps very loud

Back before I hit a blunt or my cuz hit a black n mild
Before corporate entities got a hold of you n turned you out
Expanded to da East, West, Middle n da South
Remember when you was growin' n certain folks tried to turn you down
Keep ya growth stunted to da ground
America became "Powerless" like Linkin Park once you rose up from da ranks of da underground

A voice for da voiceless, they said you wouldn't last

But you reached out, far across da global mass
Surpassed! 
Boundaries 
Our imagination never imagined, conquered or even thought to grasp

Yo!
We need you back
 Cause most of da stuff I hear now really lacks 
It's pure trash!

Eye need some sustenance like KRS on a track
A mixture of grittiness like Kool G. Rap
Skills of Biggie, Pun n L, now it's more about what you sell
Used to listen to Pac to get me through da hard times to keep my head up to prevail

I was proud to be black, RUN-DMC dawg 
Had me Raisin' Hell

Shout out to da Queens!!
Latifah, MC Lyte, Monie Love, Yo-Yo, Roxanne n da rest cause they kept it real
Kept da game balanced 
Wit a certain feel
Gave it dat woman's touch wit a dope appeal

Before Foxy Brown, Lil' Kim, n Da Roc hit da scene wit Amil

Can't forget LL, Da Fat Boys, Slick Rick, Dana Dane, n Doug E. Fresh
A variety link to da gates of our soul is what really made da wires mesh

Hov was a titan!
And when I heard Nas writin', it made me wanna pick a pen up n begin writin'
Throw fire bolts out my pen, commence to proceed to produce lightenin'
Made me wanna raise my thought pattern gave us a glimpse
Of what it was like n what we could obtain to have
Mobb Deep
Stepped forward, came wit hood math
Biz Markie made us all laugh
Big Daddy Kane came with "Raw" stabs
And "Ain't No Half Steppin", gotta put in da work if you want somethin' real bad

Poor Righteous Teachers made me aware, conscious of landscapes n scales datz on da graph
Damn!, I miss da past

Cause da future is 
Stagnated
Got me agitated!
Cause they losin' sight of somethin' dat saved our lives like Lupe n became groundbreakin'

It's not a game, I leave da earth quakin'

Dear Hiphop,
Eye need you back

I'm feelin' forsaken
It seems like a long time dat we ALL been waitin'
Well, da wait is ova
So prepare for greatness
I'm here now, is this seat takin'?

HipHop replied nope!
So I'm snatchin' back everything dat dey confiscated
Afrika Bambaataa
No respect for what our forefathers have created
Legendary status for future generations
In my proclamation
Teach em' to preserve a legacy datz so sacred
Cause all eye see is how higher ups have took our genre n they just straight raped it

"Dear HipHop" by Shawn Stare





2 comments: