Thursday, April 11, 2013

"LET US PRAY"


Eye try to keep my head up plus walk upright
But da devil trying to pull me down wit all his might
Lord!, please save a place for me like Pac
If eye die tonight
Take care of my fam, kids n da wife
I made some mistakes, I'm not proud of in dis life
At times
I feel like
Poetry is da only thing dat gives me delight
Dat why
Eye 
Tell you my story on deez pages I write
Everything has a season
Every choice has a price
When my words rub against pages, fire ignites!
If eye don't do nothin' else
Let dis be da legacy dat eye leave
Wish Eve n Adam never bit from dat tree
Long ago
This world took my innocence
I'm under duress
Chokin', Hope dying to breathe
No Crowd!
No A.J!
No B.E.T!
Free is all ever wanted to be
Try to do good but like X said, good ain't been too good for thee
Eye don't try to be nobody else
It's just hard enough being me
Love crept in, left without a warning like B.I.G
Heartache entered, eye devoured da key
So she
Couldn't break me down again like a math problem n flee
Thought OUR humanity was about empowering WE
Smokescreens clouded my vision, fear to succeed?
I was blind
But like Joe Public live n you learn, eye needed to see
Gentle eyez stare at da ocean innocently
Like a woman afterbirth mesmerized by da face of her seed
Indeed!
Now my speech cums on da screen, intercourse wit grammatical force 
Experience a muthafucka, but da realest teacher!
And dat goes out to EVERY reader
Shawn was bred to be a born leader
I blow da spot up like Nas
Can you feel da Ether?
This my story, no movie either!
But somehow got caught up like Bokeem Woodbine in da wrong feature
Ripped talent shows wit flows when der was no internet to speak of
My verses would illuminate a crowd thru da speaker
Agile like a cheetah 
Mita!
Let me holla at cha for a sec senorita!!!
Gotta overstand a man wants to feel appreciated like you too mamacita
Don't matter if you Mexican, Caucasian, Asian or a African Queen
Ethnic background has no place in dis theme
You can be Chinese-born American like Bai Ling
Anywhere yo!, from here to Beijing
Judge me by "CONTENT OF CHARACTER" like Dr. King envisioned in Dreams
And
If you a team
Your happiness can't be based on no cream 
GOD is LOVE!, so dat should be da main objective in things
Especially, if shit hits da fam n evil seeps thru multiple seams
Everything
Ain't what it seem!
Told ya people before, I'M BACK ON MY DEAN!
Fuck yo squad!
Flashing Lights, I'm Hazardous to a nation regime!!!
We cum together for sex n other exotic sensual scenes
But can't come together to fight what our corrupt government slings
IF NO UNITY!!!, den WHAT DOES DIS MEAN?
Death!, is da only other extreme
We'll never change cause, most are stuck in dey ways 
Last Dayz, comin' closer while our souls are driftin' farther away 
AmeriKKKa only concerned wit dey little penny's like Anfernee Hardaway
Amen!
Bow ya headz now
Let us Pray

"LET US PRAY" By Ra Shine McKoy Shawn Stare

2 comments: