Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Why?(Only God Knows)"

**Press Play and Listen**
Peace!

http://soundcloud.com/po-house-management/why-only-god-knows-shawn-stare

(Shawn)
(What?), (Why?)
(It's like da beat is just askin' me Why?)
(Why daddy?)
(Maaan)
(Uh! Uh!)

Eye look at pictures of my kids n think
(Why?)
So blessed but so stressed, know they don't deserve this
Weight on my shoulders, got me hopeless (Uhhhhh)
Thinkin' if I never existed, I would never be mentioned
Have a good heart but yet I'm convicted
State of mind, locked in this prison
Might as well lie n steal like politicians
Whether bad or with good intentions
You get crucified it's no different, if deez walls could listen
You hear da pain screamin', (Owwww) comin' from my inner demons
A fallen angel, I remain decent (Aaaaaawwwh)
People on da outside lookin' in never understand (Nope)
Til' they at da table gettin' dealt da same hand
I had hardships n tried to be an honest man (Yeeah!)
This world keep takin' from me like Uncle Sam (Gimme dat!)
Eye look to da sky n ask God (Why?)
I stay positive n keep going, even tho I know I have to reap everything I sewed in my clothing
Once among da chosen, (Yup!) 
I had a dream like Dr. King n aspirations minus all da lacerations
To feel da message in my music like a writer in his publications
Invadin' souls n mentals (Mentals)
To send you swingin' on conditions meant to uplift you, here's da issue (Yeeah!)
I'm not perfect, God embodies everything good about me in my main temple
Bit da apple, Shine's words bleed on pages like Eve's menstrual
(Yaaaaaawh)
Life is short but it's long n hard, it ain't simple (Nope)
Strugglin' with sins like every individual, my last days (Tell em') is gettin' kind of critical revealed in Revelations pivotal 
Among a government claimin' to be empirical
All they want is WAR! (Why?) (Why?)
I just want PEACE!, UNITY! for my peepz
Love in between da sheets, (Uh-huh) no more violence (Uh-huh) on deez streets
Only joy when we weep, (Yeah) if I should die before I wake (Yeah)
Pray da Lord my soul to keep, smilin' on da outside but steady cryin' underneath can you tell me... 
(Why?)
I'm hurtin' constantly, flat-line vitals unresponsive
There goes my conscience, (Yup!) only God knows!
Only God Knows!, only God knows! (Why?)

"Why?(Only God Knows)" By Shawn Stare aka "Shine"    

No comments:

Post a Comment