Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"YOUNG BROTHER"

Young brothers
Listen 2 dis!
Competition can't get away from my grip
My brains n wits fully equipped
I'm a Jersey dude
Came from da bricks
In da hood
Situations occur
When I talk 
I don't stutter or slurrr
1st time around 
I'm makin' my point
Ain't nothin' cool about being shot or thrown in da joint
Now-a-dayz 
Da shooterz getz less respect
Really?
How did dat take effect?
Cats runnin' around disguised
Posin' as friendz
Hopin dat u finally bend
Winded n broke
Mind Soak!
Every word dat I wrote
People whole existence is gone
Across da board
We similar 2 a pawn
You can blame Shawn!
But I invent how da vision was drawn
Get ya soul ripped quick n it's torn
Memories linger!
Rhymes pierce you like dem bullets went into stringer
I see cats twistin' n pointin' dey fingerz
But da politic's of da game can only divide us
Forget bein' a rhyda!
I'm tryna 
UPLIFT!
Give deez brotha's hope instead of slittin' dey wrists
Trapped in a cell n need permission 2 pis
Where I'm from! 
EVERYTHING iz a RISK! 
Shit!! 
Gamma rays altered my stage
Argumentz wit my spouse 
Yo! I been through dat phase
Smoke ashes flicked in da tray
UP Nightz,
Writin' til my conscience DECAY!
Gotta EARN n GAIN MY RESPECT! 4 me 2 OBEY!
Lived through da 80's era back in da day
When everybody n dey momz thought crack was da way
But it led us astray
Families fell apart, caved in like a roof
Now we dealin wit da offsprings dat dey produced
Itz worse now, itz not gettin' no better
Smh 
SAD!
Still da main focus is chedda'
I thought about writin' our President a Letter
But he got enough on his plate
Especially wit ALL da RACISM n HATE!
On ya journey 
Ties severed by Death!
Some went as far as dey could
Didn't have anything left
Nonetheless, 
You gotta Progress
Many Slept! 
Switch up ya thoughts
If nothin' else 
BELIEVE IN YA SELF!
RESEARCH it ya self! 
Knowledge hidden under da cover
Young Brother!


"Young Brother" By Shawn Stare

2 comments:

  1. Thanx! Shantell..Alwayz Appreciative!!! of you supporting my work. Your opinionz matter!, Thanks Again for showin' Love!...Peace!!!

    ReplyDelete