Sunday, November 29, 2015

"Respectfully Me"

Eye pray for love, joy, peace n happiness
For a while ya boi was hapless
Against a wall, Shawn was backed in
Fightin' off deez demons around, dat stay attackin'
Dark dimensions suspended my air
Yeah!, I was gaspin'

My world was darker than tar paved on da asphalt

Light penetrated my shades, opened my eyes took da frames off
Grindin' like a million foreigners wit no days off
Wanna know what love is but hesitant in da trade off
It's a cut-throat business, can't trust deez chickens
Like Bernie, they'll steal ya gwap snatch ya heart
Laugh about da shit wit dey constituents about what dey Madoff

Hoping hard work you put in, eventually pays off

B.I.G was right, niggaz prey on ya downfall
But like Jay said, bounce back like round ball
I was outnumbered like a meeting at a town hall
Stayed ghost, off da surface in my cubbyhole like groundhogs

I'm burstin' outta my shell wit a mean vengeance

I speak clear so you hear, ain't shit cryptic!
I'm about upliftin'!
Even tho cats only wanna see ya demise
And fuck dat fake bitch!, eye pay her no mind
No longer exist to my kind like her damn Cinco de Ma
My birth was aligned
Catapulted to outer regions, away from you leeches
Twilight stars wit deez bars I will Shine

Better disperse when this pen in my palm

I'm calm!
Still humble on da low, never let my emotions show
I learned movin' forward, had to let da past go
But it's a constant struggle, tryna run da right play out da huddle
Stay on course, tryna manifest positive thoughts
Remember what my grandparents instilled in me n how they were
da source of what eye was taught

Eye pray I keep they vision alive

Took a step back, God sat me down wit my pride
To see deez snakes for what they are, not let em' slither inside
Back up in da ride hands on da wheel wit my will n my drive
Bare honesty, no mask or disguise
Destination unknown
Eye just pray for love, joy, peace & happiness for everyone who sits on dat throne
Jesus Christ!, I'm da light in a poem
While He da bulb at my feet, shinin' my path
Away from defeat

It's hell in deez streets!


If we ever spoke n had a Bond like James yo'!, I kept it discrete

Straight to da point, short n sweet
Respectfully me!

"Respectfully Me" by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare


2 comments: