Saturday, October 24, 2015

"Da Essence 2"

Here comes da resurrection
God body y'all, effervescent!
Dis is more den music
Dis is more den lyrics
Light up da darkness, raise ya spirit

Yeah, I hear da critics!

But by design, it's all systematic
I bark wit my mind instead of pullin' out da ratchet
Tappin' keys on da board layin' foundations
Datz a mild statement
Strum notes like a jazz tune from Miles Davis

Check da canvas, that's a cool paintin'
Eye see da world different
Let's have a conversation like Damon, you can Wayan
Seance sparks when my brush comes off da easel
Connect wit my people
I'm in a circle, they all circled round me tho, in they essence

They wanna know what happened?
Why is brothaz still killin' each other?, what's up wit all da MaDness?
Why is love lackin'?
They say all they see is da flipside dat it spells backwards
Carbon copies copycats actin'
I said Word!, COPY DAT captain.....

Most givin' up, lost they passion
At times da good in mankind, can be seen in flashes
One of my woman peers interrupted
Like Winona Ryder
Problem is, it's not enough providers
Some brothaz go left after runnin' right inside us
Jump in
Head first like a scuba diver
Try comin' round more like a Uber driver

Ra
Yes Queen!

You said you's a scriber, so let em' know potna!

Tell em' use they head, ya know da one dat matters

My man said hold on now, true! but some get badgered
A bad rap for da ones dat stagger
Caught in a web of lies, ok spidey?
And dat tongue MIGHTY!.....
Cartridges loaded wit sharp flyin' daggers
System built for us to fail, limitations wit long statures
Always lookin' above, it's a rough climb up dat ladder

Eye feel you!, I get da stigma in da chit~chatter

She said, not to mention all my sisters gettin' battered
Society know, they show us what they wanna show
They never pro~ject da "Real on da reel" when dat film begins n gets splattered
Do a CT scan, you see da internal images of a muse of true factors
See how da wind blow, da current in da Winslow
Eye thought Family Mattered!

Souls sold in a max cell behind bars where deez bars are crafted
Pay attention!, close ya mouth fool quit da yappin'
Catch da dialect & visual in between all da rappin'
They said da root of all evol still Grant & Jackson
We view they gums flappin' ironically, but don't see no action
Screams from my vital organs poor on da screen
Folks may think da grass green ova der wit da other team
Oddly tho!, you find da playin' field not even
Are you kiddin' fam?
Not even!
Eye searched n I surfed vast regions
You gotta work at anything dawg that's worth keepin'

Shine!
What up being?

Tell deez heathens wise up cause it's a wrap once you stop breathin'
Take a lesson from da dead y'all if you readin'
Cut out da selfishness & obsession
I know y'all feel me even if you roll wit prosthetic's
Sick n tired of bein' sick n tired, need a medic
Live life wit a purpose, n never regret it

And Shawn
What up! T. Reddick?

Can't hold onto da past, it ill sync you like a golf putt if you let it
You'll never move forward in ya story, and find ya true settin'
Time heals all wounds as da plot thickens
Eye know what old girl did to ya left you hurt, depressed n cryin'
But get busy livin'! or get busy dyin'
You know eye know about dat boi, I ain't lyin'
I told you b4, do somethin' wit ya damn rhymin'
Share ya gift wit da universe, ya verse in ya work could save
someone else
Touch others polar cap heart as they watch da ice melt

Whelp!

Dat remains to be seen, but eye feel you my dude!
Things change, and loyalty is rare now it's not like it was wit me n you
It's more about da "Art of War" bro, Sun Tzu
Dis what da planetary stars in our atmosphere has come to?
Yup!
And niggaz ignorant & knuckle-headed
If you goin' thru a tough time & ask for help
They figure it's a pity party poppin' off wit self
How you know nigga?!, grasp dat mirror analyze ya self
Not knowin' how it felt, just to put ya pride to da side n display all dat ugly shit on da shelf

Nigga!, you's a elf!!!
Droppin' opinions on other minions below da belt
When we occupy da same dominion in da same solar system wit coarse dimensions in retrospect in itself

Dis wasn't always I you don't know what earth situation dealt

Can eye get a witness?
Amen!

And F-YOU! under breath if my name is ever mentioned
My pen game seriously a serial killer, So Sadistic!
Wrist workout so much, it's strong enough to not feel da kick back when deez shots dispensin'
Oh, eye see now!, it's Operation "Gone Fishin"
Well dis Sting Mission gonna Sting da competition n da opposition n dat dummy next to you dat wanna put his/her 2 sense in

((2pac voice))
And don't worry where eye bees at, I'm in position

Cause if I pull da pin before I drop a single sentence
It'll clear this whole area n flatline___________ ya disposition
Smh, I'm dead yo! people kill me!
But on da low like Nas niggaz feel me!
Da essence!.........

"Da Essence 2" by Ra Shine McKoy aka Shawn Stare
    

3 comments: